Types of EDS Conference Support Available
- Sponsorship indicates complete responsibility in the technical, financial, publicity and administrative areas of the conference.
- In the technical/professional area, IEEE/EDS members will plan the scope of the program, organize panel discussions, invite special speakers and review and select contributed papers.
- In the financial area, IEEE/EDS members will be involved in preparing the conference budget, monitoring the financial affairs and preparing the final financial report.
- At least one IEEE organizational unit (EDS) will assist in local arrangements, exhibits, publicity, public relations and publications.
- IEEE/EDS sponsored conferences are financially accountable to the sponsoring entities and to IEEE Headquarters.
- The proceedings of IEEE sponsored conferences qualify for distribution through the IEEE Conference Publications Program (CPP).
- IEEE/EDS sponsored conferences must have the IEEE and EDS logos and IEEE name included in the conference title and all conference publications and announcements.
- Co-sponsorship indicates a shared significant involvement in the technical, financial, publicity and administrative areas of the conference, as defined under sponsorship.
- For IEEE Co-sponsored conferences it is recommended that the IEEE and EDS logos be used in all conference publications and announcements.
Technical Co-sponsorship Support
- Technical Co-sponsorship indicates direct and substantial involvement in the organization of the technical program. EDS has no financial involvement with the conference. The organization that has financial sponsorship of the conference must be explicitly identified in the supporting documentation and promotional material for technical co-sponsorship to be granted.
- EDS will encourage members to submit papers and attend the conference. EDS will include the conference on the EDS Conference Calendar, IEEE Conference Search and IEEE Call for Papers listing.
- The involved IEEE entity may wish to negotiate a variety of issues with the sponsoring organization, including registration fees for IEEE Members, possible post-conference sales of proceedings through the IEEE Conference Publications Program (CPP) and other issues that benefit the Conference and the future interaction with the sponsoring organization.
- For EDS Technical Co-sponsored conferences it is recommended that the IEEE and EDS logos be used in all conference publications and announcements.
To apply for EDS sponsorship, please complete the following application.