Electron Device Letters
New Initiative: Enjoy temporary Open Access to selected "Editors' Picks" papers from the latest EDL edition - EDL Editors' Picks
Electron Device Letters (EDL) publishes original and significant contributions relating to the theory, modeling, design, performance and reliability of electron and ion integrated circuit devices and interconnects, involving insulators, metals, organic materials, micro-plasmas, semiconductors, quantum-effect structures, vacuum devices, and emerging materials with applications in bioelectronics, biomedical electronics, computation, communications, displays, microelectromechanics, imaging, micro-actuators, nanoelectronics, optoelectronics, photovoltaics, power ICs and micro-sensors. Items are restricted to three pages and appear on IEEE Xplore, on average, within four weeks after the submission date.
Policy for Authors Publishing to IEEE Journals - IEEE requires an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors publishing articles in IEEE journals.
All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors. ORCIDs enable accurate attribution and improved discoverability of an author’s published work. The author will need a registered ORCID in order to submit a manuscript or review a proof in this journal.
Follow these steps to link a ScholarOne account to a registered ORCID:
- Login to ScholarOne and click on your name in top right corner of the screen.
- Click E-mail / Name in the dropdown menu.
- In the ORCID section at the top of the page, click the appropriate link to either register for a new ORCID or associate the account with an existing ORCID.
- A new page will open to create and/or validate your ORCID. Once the validation is complete, the new page will close and you will return to ScholarOne.
- Save the changes to your ScholarOne user account.
Authors who do not have an ORCID in their ScholarOne user account will be prompted to provide one during submission.
Manuscript Processing Procedure for Electron Device Letters
All submissions to the IEEE Electron Device Letters are processed electronically via IEEE's web-based "ScholarOne Manuscripts Author Submission and Peer Review System." For complete information on using ScholarOne for EDL and to submit manuscripts, please visit the ScholarOne Manuscripts site or use this login box.
Guidelines on the preparation of manuscripts can be obtained from the IEEE Tools for Authors.
1) Manuscript Length: The standard length for an accepted manuscript must not exceed 4 pages. The 4th page is reserved exclusively for references in order to accommodate a comprehensive reference list of pre-published and to-be-published articles with full authors’ names, title, and DOI (where available). The manuscript, excluding the reference section, must not exceed 2 and 2/3 pages for a new submission (3 pages for a revised version).
2) References: Each reference cited must have a complete list of authors, title, first and last page number, month and year. In addition, authors are requested to include the Digital Object Identifier (DOI), where available.
3) Peer Review: The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE Publication Services and Products Board Operations Manual (https://pspb.ieee.org/images/
Inquiries can be directed to:
EDL Publications Administrator
Phone: +1 732 562 6361