Membership Fee Subsidy Program (MFSP)
Our society continually works to increase the value of EDS membership, and our colleagues enjoy an array of free and deeply-discounted, members-only benefits. One EDS initiative to encourage newcomers and assist current members is the EDS Membership Fee Subsidy Program (MFSP).
This EDS program offers the generous incentive of one-year complimentary IEEE eMembership for professionals* or IEEE Student membership. With this assistance, new EDS chapters can be formed or existing chapters can increase their local membership.
*Only applicants who meet IEEE requirements for reduced membership dues may apply.
All EDS MFSP applications must be coordinated by EDS Chapter Officers. Please do not submit individual requests.
- New IEEE applicants must indicate in their IEEE Account that they qualify for reduced IEEE membership dues.
- A complete list of special circumstances eligible for reduced IEEE membership dues can be found on the IEEE website: https://www.ieee.org/membership/special-circumstances.html
- Current IEEE member applicants must be sure their member accounts reflect their eligibility for reduced IEEE membership rates.
- EDS will cover up to fifteen (15) chapter members/students per year, for each eligible EDS chapter located in a country where the per capita gross national income (GNI) does not exceed US$15,000 (per World Bank guidelines, using a three-year average).
- For a list of countries: https://www.ieee.org/membership/join/emember-countries.html
- No individual applications will be accepted. All applications must be sent by an EDS chapter officer.
- An email announcement is sent to all eligible EDS chapters once EDS MFSP enrollment begins.
- IMPORTANT: The EDS Membership Fee Subsidy is a 'one time only' member benefit for each applicant.
- Five of the fifteen applicants from each chapter must be new IEEE or EDS members.