Membership Fee Subsidy Program (MFSP)
Our society continually works to increase the value of EDS membership, and our colleagues enjoy an array of free and deeply-discounted, members-only benefits. One EDS initiative to encourage newcomers and assist current members is the EDS Membership Fee Subsidy Program (MFSP).
This program offers the generous incentive of one-year complimentary IEEE and EDS Student OR Professional membership to help launch new EDS chapters or enable existing EDS chapters in lower per capita income areas a way to grow their memberships.
For professional applicants, only those who meet IEEE requirements for reduced membership dues may apply.
All EDS MFSP applications must be coordinated by EDS Chapter Officers. No individual requests.
The EDS Membership Fee Subsidy Program policy is as follows:
- New IEEE applicants must indicate in their IEEE Account that they qualify for reduced IEEE membership dues.
- A complete list of special circumstances eligible for reduced IEEE membership dues can be found on the IEEE website: https://www.ieee.org/membership/special-circumstances.html
- Current IEEE member applicants must be sure their member accounts reflect their eligibility for reduced IEEE membership rates.
- EDS will cover up to fifteen (15) chapter members/students per year, for each eligible EDS chapter located in a country where the per capita gross national income (GNI) does not exceed US$15,000 (per World Bank guidelines, using a three-year average).
- For a list of countries: https://www.ieee.org/membership/join/emember-countries.html
- No individual applications will be accepted. All applications must be sent by an EDS chapter officer.
- An email announcement is sent to all eligible EDS chapters once EDS MFSP enrollment begins.
- IMPORTANT: The EDS Membership Fee Subsidy is a 'one time only' member benefit for each applicant.
- Five of the fifteen applicants from each chapter must be new IEEE or EDS members.