Membership Fee Subsidy Program (MFSP)
This special membership offer is only available to professionals who meet IEEE requirements for reduced membership dues. Higher grade member applicants to the EDS MFSP will be enrolled in IEEE eMembership, which was created by IEEE to offer a lower membership fee option.
All EDS MFSP applications must be coordinated by EDS Chapter Officers. No individual requests.
- New IEEE applicants must indicate in their IEEE Account that they qualify for reduced IEEE membership dues.
- A complete list of special circumstances eligible for reduced IEEE membership dues can be found on the IEEE website: https://www.ieee.org/membership/special-circumstances.html
- Current IEEE member applicants must be sure their member accounts reflect their eligibility for reduced IEEE membership rates.
- EDS will cover up to fifteen (15) chapter members/students per year, for each eligible EDS chapter located in a country where the per capita gross national income (GNI) does not exceed US$15,000 (per World Bank guidelines, using a three-year average).
- For a list of countries: https://www.ieee.org/membership/join/emember-countries.html
- No individual applications will be accepted. All applications must be sent by an EDS chapter officer.
- An email announcement is sent to all eligible EDS chapters once EDS MFSP enrollment begins.
- IMPORTANT: The EDS Membership Fee Subsidy is a 'one time only' member benefit for each applicant.
- Five of the fifteen applicants from each chapter must be new IEEE or EDS members.