Membership Fee Subsidy Program (MFSP)
This special membership offer is only available to professionals who meet IEEE requirements for reduced membership dues. Higher grade member applicants to the EDS MFSP will be enrolled in IEEE eMembership, which was created by IEEE to offer a lower membership fee option.
All EDS MFSP applications must be coordinated by EDS Chapter Officers. No individual requests.
- Applicants must indicate in their IEEE Account that they qualify for reduced IEEE membership dues.
- A complete list of special circumstances eligible for reduced IEEE membership dues can be found on the IEEE website: https://www.ieee.org/membership/special-circumstances.html
- Current IEEE members must be sure their member accounts reflect their eligibility for reduced IEEE membership rates, if they qualify.
- EDS will cover up to fifteen (15) chapter members/students per year, for each eligible EDS chapter located in a low per capita income area.
- An email announcement is sent to all eligible EDS chapters at the beginning of the IEEE membership enrollment period.
- For a list of countries: https://www.ieee.org/membership/join/emember-countries.html
- The EDS Membership Fee Subsidy is a 'one time only' member benefit for each applicant.
- Five of the fifteen chapter applicants each year must be new IEEE or EDS members.